(no subject)
Nov. 24th, 2003 10:37 amWe have no internet access at the house, until at least tuesday, looks like... it's been a bit of a problem since we moved, what with us all paying for the broadband and only one person being able to use it... Finally have router now tho, so at this rate I might even be online more than once or teice a week (and might be able to email a few people I haven't spoken to for way too long...) Shouldn't moan tho, being on the net at uni at least gives me a way to fill time between lectures (and no, actually studying is NOT a viable option)
Demo on thursday went very well, huge turnout. I was late because a killer hangover (goth night, v good) made me sleep the alarm and miss the uni coach up, but I got a train instead and met up with Rob and Fergus in trafalgar square. Everyone knows what happened later now, and I can't be bothered to type it out again. People just shouldn't leave stepladders lying around. Especially near buck house. After the pubs have kicked out. Hmmph.
Other than that, good weekend - very lazy one. Spent all saturday in bed with Rob nearly, then went out to a house party in the evening - housemate's boyfriend's workmate. Good atmosphere, shit music, friendly people. Met a girl who does flamenco guitar, so may meet up with her and practice again. Also met some fantastic ex-hippy/ biker (no, me neither) who gave me and Rob a biig lump of weed because we 'looked cute together'. How kind.
Group of us went for pub lunch on saturday, and went for a walk along the front in the rain. Got soaked, but very invigorating (not that I'm saying that only so arwen won't kill me when she reads this!)
Spoke to Steve and he's DEFINITELY coming down to brighton weekend after my birthday, which I'm incredibly happy about. He can only stay for 2 nights 'cos he can't get any time off work at the moment, but I'm trying not to care and just be glad I'm going to see him again :)
Oh yes, an article I wrote for the uni newspaper this week is on the front page. I am trying not to act QUITE as excited about this as I was at first, but I still think it's pretty damn cool. Heh.
Demo on thursday went very well, huge turnout. I was late because a killer hangover (goth night, v good) made me sleep the alarm and miss the uni coach up, but I got a train instead and met up with Rob and Fergus in trafalgar square. Everyone knows what happened later now, and I can't be bothered to type it out again. People just shouldn't leave stepladders lying around. Especially near buck house. After the pubs have kicked out. Hmmph.
Other than that, good weekend - very lazy one. Spent all saturday in bed with Rob nearly, then went out to a house party in the evening - housemate's boyfriend's workmate. Good atmosphere, shit music, friendly people. Met a girl who does flamenco guitar, so may meet up with her and practice again. Also met some fantastic ex-hippy/ biker (no, me neither) who gave me and Rob a biig lump of weed because we 'looked cute together'. How kind.
Group of us went for pub lunch on saturday, and went for a walk along the front in the rain. Got soaked, but very invigorating (not that I'm saying that only so arwen won't kill me when she reads this!)
Spoke to Steve and he's DEFINITELY coming down to brighton weekend after my birthday, which I'm incredibly happy about. He can only stay for 2 nights 'cos he can't get any time off work at the moment, but I'm trying not to care and just be glad I'm going to see him again :)
Oh yes, an article I wrote for the uni newspaper this week is on the front page. I am trying not to act QUITE as excited about this as I was at first, but I still think it's pretty damn cool. Heh.
no subject
Date: 2003-11-24 12:10 pm (UTC)