(no subject)
Nov. 17th, 2003 10:18 am(warning, need to rant before can type coherently)
It's too early to be awake. Ok, that's a lie, but it was too early to get up at 7 this morning considering the amount of sleep I haven't had recently. Bloody 9am lectures, and on a freakin monday too! Grrr....
alright, feel better now if still groggy... update...
Went out thurs with Kate and Nic who was down from london. Kate's made me a mix tape! Very touched, noone's ever made me one before and this is fantastic... Tho can't help having small suspicion she may be trying to bankrupt me, as I now have at least another 20 cds I want (hint hint, birthday soon, cough, etc). I also find it really funny that for the first (and probably last) time ever my music taste overlaps quite a bit with what's 'in'. I just need to buy a few stripy tops and some plastic jewellery and I could practically be editing the face! Ok, maybe not...
great night at the tav, tho the vibe was a little weird - way too packed and always a different girl crying in the loos, got a pint spilled down me, but that's fairly normal really, and accidentally fell on a couple of people's lips.
Friday, Kate and Nic came over in the evening, we went to Heebie Jeebies to get cocktails, and we got them in fucking wine glasses. Hmmph. Not impressed, usually get 3 times that much. Ended up elsewhere taking advantage of a sambuca offer...
Saturday, went into town, met up with ellie and steve and went to fair trade fair. Managed to pick up a couple of xmas presents for people, and stocked up on tea and chocolate. Mmmm cookies... *drools* May even lead to job - if I ever have the time to go back down there. Nice spending a day with Ellie and steve too, they manage to be remarkably un-couply while obviously devoted to each other. Probably helps I get on so well with both of them anyway. The only downside to this is the fact they're moving in together... anyone need a room in brighton from the beginning of March? Apply here...
Spent sunday with Rob, beautiful day. Got the bus up to Devil's Dyke and then spent hours walking over the Downs. Found a crashed light aircraft in the woods! very old though, and seems to be part of a paint balling course now. That or something REALLY weird is going on. My legs hurt now, there are way too many hills in sussex! Enjoyed it so much at the time tho.
Went out for a meal afterwards, and then drinks. said he's come to a goth night on wednesday and we can dress him up... hehehe... Like this one, think I'll keep him for a while...
Only problem being, there's been (apparently) quite a bit of biphobia in the lgbt group recently. *sighs* I'm meeting nik to discuss what's going on, it's just all a bit uncomfortable right now, too many arguments within the group. Really don't need this. But hey, as welfare officer, maybe I should offer to lead a biphobia section on the 'phobias' workshop we're having next week... homophobia, transphobia... Can't we all just get along?!
What else today? Need to go interview some uni people and find out why they're refusing maternity pay to a member of staff, look for a job in cdec, draw a picture of juliette's soul (long story. She takes a shamanism course. Presentation today.)
And, (yay!) do some admin work for ellie to get money.... Should be able to get in about 15 hours minimum this week, so will soon be loaded (or able to buy food that isn't milk and bread anyway... hmm, perhaps I should start prioritising food and rent over underwear and alcohol... on second thoughts.... nah)
It's too early to be awake. Ok, that's a lie, but it was too early to get up at 7 this morning considering the amount of sleep I haven't had recently. Bloody 9am lectures, and on a freakin monday too! Grrr....
alright, feel better now if still groggy... update...
Went out thurs with Kate and Nic who was down from london. Kate's made me a mix tape! Very touched, noone's ever made me one before and this is fantastic... Tho can't help having small suspicion she may be trying to bankrupt me, as I now have at least another 20 cds I want (hint hint, birthday soon, cough, etc). I also find it really funny that for the first (and probably last) time ever my music taste overlaps quite a bit with what's 'in'. I just need to buy a few stripy tops and some plastic jewellery and I could practically be editing the face! Ok, maybe not...
great night at the tav, tho the vibe was a little weird - way too packed and always a different girl crying in the loos, got a pint spilled down me, but that's fairly normal really, and accidentally fell on a couple of people's lips.
Friday, Kate and Nic came over in the evening, we went to Heebie Jeebies to get cocktails, and we got them in fucking wine glasses. Hmmph. Not impressed, usually get 3 times that much. Ended up elsewhere taking advantage of a sambuca offer...
Saturday, went into town, met up with ellie and steve and went to fair trade fair. Managed to pick up a couple of xmas presents for people, and stocked up on tea and chocolate. Mmmm cookies... *drools* May even lead to job - if I ever have the time to go back down there. Nice spending a day with Ellie and steve too, they manage to be remarkably un-couply while obviously devoted to each other. Probably helps I get on so well with both of them anyway. The only downside to this is the fact they're moving in together... anyone need a room in brighton from the beginning of March? Apply here...
Spent sunday with Rob, beautiful day. Got the bus up to Devil's Dyke and then spent hours walking over the Downs. Found a crashed light aircraft in the woods! very old though, and seems to be part of a paint balling course now. That or something REALLY weird is going on. My legs hurt now, there are way too many hills in sussex! Enjoyed it so much at the time tho.
Went out for a meal afterwards, and then drinks. said he's come to a goth night on wednesday and we can dress him up... hehehe... Like this one, think I'll keep him for a while...
Only problem being, there's been (apparently) quite a bit of biphobia in the lgbt group recently. *sighs* I'm meeting nik to discuss what's going on, it's just all a bit uncomfortable right now, too many arguments within the group. Really don't need this. But hey, as welfare officer, maybe I should offer to lead a biphobia section on the 'phobias' workshop we're having next week... homophobia, transphobia... Can't we all just get along?!
What else today? Need to go interview some uni people and find out why they're refusing maternity pay to a member of staff, look for a job in cdec, draw a picture of juliette's soul (long story. She takes a shamanism course. Presentation today.)
And, (yay!) do some admin work for ellie to get money.... Should be able to get in about 15 hours minimum this week, so will soon be loaded (or able to buy food that isn't milk and bread anyway... hmm, perhaps I should start prioritising food and rent over underwear and alcohol... on second thoughts.... nah)
no subject
Date: 2003-11-17 05:19 am (UTC)See my friends list for the various communities you might find useful, like londonpolybi and bicon.